I have been using Sedo to sell my domains for quite some time now. Sedo definitely has its strengths and weaknesses and as excellent source to start your online money making:
1. Popularity: Probably Sedo’s strongest point is the amount of users that go through it on a daily basis. Sedo is by far one of the most well known domain reselling sites on the web and is a great place to get your feet wet.
2. Ease Of Use: You can’t get much easier than Sedo as far as setting up your auction. All you need to do is type in your domain name, set a category, set a price and you are good to go.
3. Free Parking: Sedo does offer free parking for your domains as you try and sell them GoDaddy email login. Other sites such as Go Daddy force users to pay a monthly fee in order to park there.
4. Features: There are some nice features that I have found in Sedo that I don’t see in other auction sites. One of the nice things about Sedo is it actually shows you how many views your auction has gotten and how much your parked page is earning you. It is simple and quick to find exactly what you are looking for.
5. Premium Auctions: The last thing I really like about Sedo is that periodically they hold premium auctions. The nice thing about these is that you don’t have to pay to get into them, you just need to be approved.
Selling domain names can be very profitable. In fact, some people making a living from buying and reselling domain names. Here is what an average domain seller would do to make money. There are two ways to make money from selling domain names.
The first way is from buying a good domain name and reselling it quick for immediate profit. Let’s say, you buy burn.com for $100.00. That’s only 4 letters long and right off the bat would be worth money to someone for being a short domain name. This domain name is probably already receiving traffic, so it has very good money making potential to an owner of the domain.
The seller could potentially sell this domain for $500.00 or more for a fast sale and $400.00 profit. There are domain cost estimators you could use to find what you should sell the domain for.
I use a website called dnScoop.com to find out what a domain is worth. On dnScoop they say burn.com is worth $471.00 if you were to resell it. So buying it for $100.00 would be a good profit if you wanted to buy then resell it quickly.
The second way a person would make money from buying then reselling a domain name is; to hold on to it for a while before they sell it. They would advertise and market the website domain in the time they own it. Then after advertising and marketing the website for a while (a period of 3 months to a year), they will drive page rank, SEO, and more visitors.
Driving page rank and SEO will make the domain worth more money than at the time they bought the domain. It will be worth more money because the website will have a steady flow of traffic going to it. Then the domain owner could resell it for a substantial amount of money compared to if they sold it right away.