If lowering your blood pressure naturally sounds too good to be true, then read on. Natural foods hold the key to many of our health issues and a simple tweaking of our diets can make a significant difference to our general health. Give these natural foods a fair chance and you can feel and see the difference.
- Vegetables and fresh fruits are high in fiber as well as low in calories. They are a vital part of a healthy diet and help not only to lower your pressure, but also help to maintain lower cholesterol. Bananas are full of potassium which regulates our body fluid balance. Studies in India suggest that 5 bananas a day can lower blood pressure significantly, but they do have a high sugar level so eating them in moderation may be the best policy. Eating celery has been found to relax the muscles which regulate blood pressure and improve the flow.
- Choose whole grains which are high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Bread and pasta do not Glucofort need to be eliminated from your diet, simply switch to whole grain alternatives. If you find brown rice wholly unpalatable, mix a handful of white rice in to make it attractive in both presentation and texture.
- Low-fat dairy products are key to lowering blood pressure. Dairy products are essential for healthy bones but low fat and non-fat dairy products have just as much calcium, essential vitamins and minerals as full fat products. Just lose the fat and keep all the health benefits.
- Lean poultry is the best option for non-vegetarians. Remove the skin and with it most of the fat and calories. Chicken and lean meats are much better for your cholesterol and blood pressure than fatty red meats and processed meats such as salami, burgers and bacon.
- Fatty fish does not get the high priority in our diets that it should. Mackerel and salmon are high in Omega-3 which is very heart-healthy and is known to lower your pressure naturally too.
Drinking water and taking one of the excellent blood pressure formulas which include extracts found in all the above foods can also be beneficial. The advantage of taking an all-natural supplement is that it gives the correct balance of products which all work together to support lower blood pressure.